Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 8. Oktober 2010

Inklings


People keep asking me what I use to do my outlines. That's actually very simple: I use ink and mulitliner (black and sepia). For all those who do not know how to use ink here are some explanations:
I think the pens I use for inking are the ordinary ones: Maru-Pen (for very delicate lines - the right one) and G-Pen (the bigger one) for thicker lines and blacking. I really love using ink, although you have to be very careful. You always have to ink from left to right so that you do not smudge the wet lines. But if you use the right ink it dries really fast. Some people use very expensive ink, but to be honest sometimes the best ink is not the most expensive one. I use Pelikan ink number 17. The best about this ink is: it's waterproof! That's very important especially for me because I do my colouring with copics. The picture you see to the left is an extract from a short manga I did. I used ink here, as ink is very vivid and really good for animated things. I think I prefer ink to multiliners, although those come in handy when you have to draw straight lines like in the right drawing which is another sneak peek from a project I am currently workig on. *_* What do you prefer? Or do you use something completely different? I also sometimes like simple pencils.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen